Little Wonder

Little Wonder

About Me

My photo
I am a dreamer! I am a wife to my amazing husband who always shines for me. I am a mom, which is full of teachable moments, challenges, and great endevours. I am a great friend. I am ME! A human full of love...always looking for inspiration and joy in the small things and the things that surprise me most. I am to be a great many things...writer, photographer and whatever my heart desires.

Sunday, February 13, 2011

Change of pace

Ok! So I have decided that New Years Resolutions are bogus. Why do we set ourselves up to fail? I mean it's all good to set goals, but seriously. (I can barely stay committed to my dogs and we've had them for to long as far I am concerned.) When you look at the grand sceme of things and factor in life, well that's just a big fat "Thhhhhh"...raspberries.
I have realized I am a short term committer. Although I plan to accomplish ALL my 2011 goals. I think something more realistic is maybe taking it month by month.
One of my goals this year is to have a positive attitude. I have to admit that's a really hard one. I don't think I am a negative person...I think I am a realist. The thing is everyone goes through struggle and I know not everyday can be rainbows and sunshine. I am grateful for each day and try to see the good in all things. I cherish the moments when my heart is touched by something special and enjoy the blessings in my life. I think sometimes I put to much pressure on myself, and when struggles come I lose all faith and the knowledge that this to shall pass. SO...my goal is meditate in those moments and reset. To see that this is just a moment. There is something I can take from it and learn....and do better. I want to live a positive life for me and my family. Look for the one blessing in that stuggle and see the light is there at the end of the tunnel and then rejoice!
I have realized that my journal is not quite as full as I would like it to be and with only 2 entries...well I better get going. The point of that was to record the things in a day that made it better or that milestone I knew was coming, but somehow still managed to sneak up on me. To go back a re-read the great things that happened to me in my life. So that is goal #2! Journal and count blessings.
I also have to have more "stop everythings"...this is something my 2 BFF's and I used to do back in the days when our kids where little and we were all on mat-leave and all you ladies out there know how important that support is. So we would do the random call and say, "STOP EVERYTHING! I am coming over and we are doing something special". I miss those days. However, I can recreate them for myself.
My goal #3 is to STOP and sit. Drink a hot tea and read.
Because I am tired of drinking cold tea.
I have got to take time for Denise. As great as it is to chat on the phone. It's never as good and having a girls night. Just sitting, having wine or tea. Planning or venting. The point is just to be where she is makes my heart happy.
Goal #4 girls night!
Also, I am determined to learn the ins and outs of my camera. Really become one with the Canon 30D. Goal #5 learn and challenge myself!
Goal #6 is to just breathe!
These are the things I aspire to do. Goals that will hopefully become habits and leave room for something new. All I can do is my best. Have good intentions and aspire to be more than average. We all have greatness in our destiny.
The journey is the adventure!